While looking at new homes, you may be struck by a few fantastic homes that have just one or two rooms that are not quite perfect. Don't worry there are ways that you can renovate a room on a budget.
Here are a few cheap upgrades depending on the area of the home you want to remodel. All you have to do is factor this into the purchase price.
- Don't like the current cabinets? Either paint them a different color or purchase new cabinet doors: either option is cheaper than replacing them entirely.
- Add new hardware. Drawer pulls and cabinet handles are a fast way to change the look of a kitchen.
- Purchase new appliances. New appliances will increase the functionality of the room while also adding to its style.
- Update the fixtures. A new shower head or a new faucet can do a lot to update the look of an older bathroom.
- Add different lighting. Lighting and mirrors can dramatically alter the appearance of a bathroom.
- Resurface the bathtub or add tile backing. A resurfaced tub will look brand new. Rather than tiling everything individually, you can purchase backing that is pre-tiled.
- Remove popcorn ceilings (but get them tested first). Some popcorn ceilings may contain asbestos.
- Build out the closet with additional storage. Built-in storage, such as for shoes, can add a lot of value to an unstructured closet.
- Add mirrors to open up the space. This is especially important in smaller bedrooms.
- Add new light switch and outlet plates. If the old switches and outlets are cracked and worn, it may be making the property look old.
- Put molding or wainscoting in to give the room some additional flair. These are easy to install and add a level of classic detail.
- Paint the living room a different color. Painting is an easy, affordable way to make a room look completely different.
- Update the windows. Place frames around your windows to make them look larger—or replace them entirely with energy-efficient models.
Don't shy away from the perfect home just because it needs a few changes. You can design your perfect home with a little extra time. Contact Inspired Homes in Lees Summit, Missouri today to start your journey.